SMP is an innovative aesthetic treatment that conceals the devastation hair loss can bring. But how do you choose the best scalp micropigmentation artist for your procedure? It’s not as easy as it initially appears at first glance…
Going under a technician’s needle is a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Albeit it is quick and non-invasive, it is a life-changing choice that is long term and visible. If you search the net or your local directory you’ll find a number of practitioners to choose from which just makes the decision process even more complex. So what are the questions you should be asking yourself and more importantly, what are the questions you should be asking your future technician who will administer your impending SMP treatment?
Checklist to Ensure You Choose the Best Scalp Micropigmentation Artist
- The first question should be related to your own particular condition. Scalp micropigmentation is a household name for concealing the devastating effects hair loss brings but it is also an incredibly productive solution for camouflaging scars and blemishes. Verify your practitioner is adept in your required methods and also ask to see photographs of previously completed work.
- Verify with your chosen clinic or technician how long they have been working in the scalp micropigmentation industry. And also verify when and where they trained. There is a significant lack of regulations in the SMP business, meaning practitioners can set up a clinic without too many controls or checks. Lack of training can provide disastrous results which are notoriously difficult to rectify. Always choose quality over thrift.
- Regarding details of the treatment itself, ask your future practitioner how many sessions are anticipated to complete the process. A trained technician will be able to give you a sensible estimation alongside proper timescales linked to your own personal hair loss solution.
- Another point on your checklist is concerning products used. Ask the pigment types a particular technician uses and also, should you wish to, verify the ingredients list of the pigments. Scalp micropigmentation products are generally natural and often plant-based.
- An obvious question will also concern scalp micropigmentation cost and if this is capped for the procedure they are recommending. You will often also find that a clinic will offer payment plans and guarantee their work post-procedure. It is useful to bear in mind that any modifications that you, the client, make midway through or after treatment will incur additional charges.
The decision-making process for this innovative treatment is really quite a difficult one. However, get it right and you are guaranteed a look that will be maintenance-free for years to come. Getting the decision wrong can be simply disastrous. If you do your homework correctly in the first instance, there is absolutely no reason to regret your decision.
If you’d like to discuss our treatments here at Scalp Season then don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our client recommendations are strong and we can provide you with all the relevant information you need. Choosing the best scalp micropigmentation artist for treatment begins with communication.