The benefits of scalp micropigmentation have always run abundant. On the other side of the coin, there is always the burning question, will I regret scalp micropigmentation treatment? In theory, there are so many benefits to this contemporary treatment so the answer is no… but if you need to know more about how it works, then keep reading.
Scalp Micropigmentation Explained
In essence, SMP is pretty much like a tattoo. Albeit with certain and significant differences. It is administered using a machine that has been fitted with a super-fine microneedle and tiny pigmented dots are implanted lightly underneath the scalp’s surface. It takes around two to four sessions to get it fully in order, but once treatment is complete, you are left with a look that resembles the fabulously iconic buzz-cut.
How Does SMP Differ From Other Hair Restoration Treatments?
One of the biggest benefits behind scalp micropigmentation, and also a key element as to how it differs from it’s closely run counterparts is it doesn’t come with a promise of promoting new hair growth. Instead, it masks the devastation. This means that provided you are eligible for the procedure, it won’t let you down. If you look at the alternatives such as hair transplants or medication, they can’t provide the guarantee label – they are just not that predictable.
Benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation – who is eligible for the treatment?
Hair loss happens for a wide variety of reasons and they affect a huge portion of the population. So who is potentially eligible for scalp micropigmentation treatments?
- Alopecia, often known as patch baldness
- Female and male pattern baldness, which affects over half of the population world over
- Density problems which can often be found with women suffering from pattern baldness
- Scar concealments on the scalp which are often caused by hair transplants
Safety of Scalp Micropigmentation Treatments
Generally speaking, scalp micropigmentation is extremely safe. However, that is provided you exercise due diligence when choosing your practitioner. As mentioned above, the technique employed when administering this contemporary treatment is tantamount to that of tattooing, however, there are certainly significant differences. You should only be using a technician who is fully trained in scalp micropigmentation as it can go horribly wrong if your treatment is poor.
Additional Reasons You Won’t Regret SMP Treatment
- It is quick to receive a result, once treatment is administered and the healing process is complete, your imitation follicles are visible
- It is a non-invasive treatment, meaning the healing process is also rapid
- SMP treatments leave you with a look that is maintenance-free
- It looks ultimately realistic and natural, often being indistinguishable to that of a genuine hairline
- As far as hair restoration treatments go, it is a solution that is extremely affordable
If you are suffering from hair loss for any of the reasons mentioned above then why not connect with us here and find out how you can reap the benefits of scalp micropigmentation. Initial consultations are always free of charge and without any obligations. Here at Scalp Season we are always delighted to hear from you and if you’ve been asking yourself, will I regret scalp micropigmentation, then fire us over your questions and we will answer them.